Monday, May 24, 2010

First Day of Work

First day of work went by. My new laptop (they ordered a brand new laptop for me) doesn't arrive till next week, so I'll be using a spare one at the meantime. I was reading some materials in the afternoon while my boss had to go for a meeting. Then I joined in the later meeting which was meant to be 0.5 hr but ended up as a 2 hr meeting. My director jokingly asked if I would still turn up for work tomorrow...LoL..

Last week, I made lots of 1:12 scale miniature peonies, in a variety of shades. Honestly I don't have a fix idea of how I'm going to use them yet, but I just want to experiment on making them in a variety of shades of pink, champagne, peaches...and I guess I'll stop when I eventually run out of shades to make them in, or when I get bored.

Perhaps I will get another shot to show the shades this weekend.

Meanwhile, a shot of them in my hand...


The pinks so far...

16 comments:

  1. Hi Pei Li,
    Good luck in your new job!

    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan!!!
    Has escogido unos colores preciosos
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous peonies! I really love the different shades <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishes for the new job and congratulations for peonies: I can not choose the best colors... I will choose them all ;-)
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these flowers! They really look wonderful and I am anxious to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They peonias are adorable, i like so much!!

    I need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh they are a wonder! beautiful shades of color, very delicate! I will pass even here to see how ... I like them very much!
    kisses, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Love your mini peonies! The colors are all fabulous...I am inspired to make some sugar peonies in those colors now! Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How detail and pretty!! Great :)
    I am glad your dirst day of work went well.
    RiS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the new job. :)

    I love the peonies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pei Li,, I love the peonies. They are such a pretty flower. I got to see one in NY a few weeks ago. I havent seen them before. They do not grow in the desert at all:)
    I hope the new job is going well. I also have a new job and training has been really hard. I love it, but I am using all the extra brain cells I have! LOL I hope its a great week ahead for you. (()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peonies are my favorite flower. Your's are wonderful. The sky garden is a treat.CM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful flowers! What are they made out of?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi QueenQuill,

    Thanks for visiting! The flowers are made of air dry clay. :)

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your work, is very sweet and romantic! Just how I love it!

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)