Saturday, March 19, 2011

1:12 scale trailing ivy

I remembered seeing a small trailing ivy plant in the female washroom. The trailing ivy plant is also known as hedera. I thought it was an artificial plant because the leaves did look artificial from far. Out of curiosity, I touched the leaves and realized they were real! :) The reason why I thought they were artificial was due to the colour of the leaves. The edges of the leaves were actually white, and the greens are irregular patches all around the center. Ever since I set my eyes on that plant, I wanted to try making them in 1:12 miniature scale.

This is the end result. A trailing ivy plant with some white elegant roses. What do you think of them?

I know I have been working on flowers for a while now, and am still largely doing so. It has a therapeutic feeling that comes along with it. It's actually calming and relaxing, and it means so much to me these days especially as I read the updates on what's happening in Japan each day. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone.


10 comments:

  1. Very sweet and delicate ivy and roses! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s so cute!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TE quedó muy fina, elegante y delicada, me gusta mucho. Felicidades. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very Beautiful and looks so realistic! I totally agree with you, making miniatures have that calming affect! Hugs, Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous and very delicate.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing.

    St. Petersburg; a city I always wanted to visit.


    Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you, making miniatures have that calming affect,I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves.

    worldamazingfacts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)