Sunday, May 31, 2009

Show and Tell Monday ~ New desserts

Yesterday, I met up with my friend and we had lunch at Au Petite Salut. It was a little quaint French restaurant. It had been almost 6 or more years since I dined there, but I love the food still. The set lunch is a steal. The portion was just nice for me. I had Caesar salad for appetizer, Braised Chicken Leg for mains, and for dessert, I picked Choux Buns. The choux buns were so yummy, with vanilla ice cream and warm chocolate sauce over it! I'm not a sweet tooth person and the chocolate sauce was surprisingly not too sweet :) I will have to go there again.

Some of the new stuff I made over the previous weeks. A tall whipped cream mix fruit cake. :)



I had these cute little aluminum pans, and decided to make them into chestnut mont blanc desserts. These little pans are just 1cm by 0.8cm.


Available at my shop : http://www.miniaturepatisserie.etsy.com

10 comments:

  1. every time I look at your posts they make me hungry, how you have the patience to produce such small works of art is beyond me, beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally amazes me how you can do that! Do you use a magnifying glass? How do you keep steady enough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pei Li

    First off congratulations on the repeat performance on Etsy. That is fantastic news. Secondly, your new dessert creations are absolutely gorgeous.

    Lisa
    www.palepinkandroses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling us about your enjoyable experience! I just always enjoy hearing how you are inspired (and how can one not be...eating at a French restaurant?) and what you have been working on lately. Have a great week!; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always amaze me. I love seeing you new creations. The cake is my fav today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pei Li,
    I would have enjoyed this menu ! I like caesar salad and braised chicken. And of course choux buns we call in France profiteroles.
    You know I never get tired of your desserts, always such a great surprise !
    Thanks for this blog !

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning! now i want to eat pastries...thanks, pei li!!! lol.

    carolyn
    theoddsparrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had such a nice dinner out. Your new creations are gorgeous as always, now I want something for dessert, lol.
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pei Li what is a choux bun??? Sounds like a wonderful place to dine.
    Your latest creation is amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I think it's great that you use to cross stitch! Fun!
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always amaze me! I never tire of your beautiful creations! Hugs, Tedi
    www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)