Thursday, April 13, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Pink Potting Bench

Hi everyone! I'm sure most didn't even notice this, but I was down without internet for almost a day. It wasn't too much of an inconvenience since I could still work on other things that doesn't require internet connection. But I'm glad to be back up and running.

Just a few days ago, I completed another dollhouse miniature pink potting bench. It's now on its way to its new home :)


I love this sheer light pink really. It isn't too "pink". I'm sure I'm going to make another, and trying another new color for the next piece.

I've also been busy updating my Etsy store. For those of you who aren't aware, Direct Checkout (now it's called Etsy Payments) used to be optional. But coming 17 May, all shops in eligible countries that has Etsy Payments option must comply and have it offered in their store. I've since been busy setting that up. I guess one has to embrace change. At the same time, I'm looking forward to some new roll outs in the coming months. One of them is the guest checkout option. Right now, one has to sign up, get an account in order to purchase something on Etsy. But soon, they would have a guest check out so it doesn't require one to sign up. So I think that's a cool feature. Updated: Apparently, there ARE already some guests checkout for some lucky buyers who get to experience it first hand. It will be labelled as (Guest) underneath the person's name.

Although there's one feature that exist right now which I probably won't adopt... just because it's not my shopping style. It's called the Multi-Cart Item. Now, you can add a bunch of stuff from different sellers into your shopping cart and then check out all at once at the same time. Previously, you can only shop with one seller at a time. I don't know about you, but I am not that kind of shopper who goes around and add a bunch of stuff from different sellers and check out at the end. It's too confusing for me. But I guess different people has different shopping patterns. I'm curious. What's your online shopping pattern?

5 comments:

  1. Me parece un estante precioso con una decoraciĆ³n excelente

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pei Li. Beautiful potting bench! That pink is one of my favourite colours too! It's so warm and cosy and serene. The changes with Etsy (and Paypal) can be hard to keep up with, and I had lots of problems with linked bank accounts and Paypal doing funny things. It's a never-ending game of frustration management for me! One of my biggest concerns is that Etsy charges a fee on the shipping cost, which I think is blatantly wrong. Still, I am not yet at a point where I would have my own independent store, but I can certainly see why people have them. And as for my shopping habits, I do love having lists on Etsy, favourites and adding things to my cart and then contemplating before I purchase anything! And there are so many beautiful things to purchase! Do you have a holiday weekend over there? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Shannon,
      Thank you for sharing your perspectives about the new Etsy changes. I get what you are talking about the shipping fee that Etsy charges. I was reading up on the link here: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/18324620/
      I think we do have to factor it in as business cost and charge shipping accordingly. I was just thinking that whether you run a brick and mortar business or an online business, there will be different business costs, fees etc that one can't run away. Yes it's a holiday weekend here. :) I hope you have a happy good friday and easter Monday too.

      Delete
  3. This potting bench is a BEAUTIFUL CREATURE. It holds some of your beautiful creations SPLENDIDLY and does so with so much flair! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you my dear!! ;)

    I'm usually the type to spend a long time in one shop (applies to anything I shop for); I like to take it all in before I make a choice. Most ladies I know usually go in and out of one store and on to the next at the speed of light (they know exactly what they like), and their online shopping pattern correlates this as well (quite the experts!), but I usually have a handful of favorite shops (call me a creature of habit lol). So I prefer checking things out one at a time. No judgment though! Whatever tickles the fancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)