Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Three Tier Hydrangea Cake

Hello everyone. My latest work for this week is a dollhouse miniature three tier hydrangea cake. Since I started practicing the new technique for making hydrangeas, I've been making them non-stop. I wanted to incorporate them into many different things. It is no surprise that I would end up putting some into miniature food :) I'm very sure I'm not done yet. I'm thinking of smaller cakes, and maybe even with ganache. But maybe with different color themes.


It is also of no surprise, that a hydrangea cake is most time consuming of all the cakes I've made, because for this particular concept, I wanted to line the edges with hydrangeas :)

This is a very soft, muted color tone. The cake buttercream is a very soft light pink. As for the hydrangeas, there are various soft colors of green, mauve, pinks.


There are tons of hydrangea cake inspiration in google images and honestly, a few too many that I want to try out eventually, one at a time :)


This is my first three tier cake of 2017, I can't even believe that myself! Actually I hope to revisit some of the earlier ones I've made, by incorporating new flowers into them. Here are the links to the other three tier cakes I've blogged in the past. 







I hope you love my new work. :) Have a beautiful week everyone! 




10 comments:

  1. Madness!!! I also just made a cake, but my pie is not nearly as beautiful as your cake! Beautifully beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combinations of style, colors, and delicate textures of the flowers and the lace on each tier,is Magnificent, Pei Li! Your pastry work in miniature is Outstanding! ♡♡

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, I'm so glad this cake turned out nicely :) It was my first time using hydrangeas as the main theme in a cake.

      Delete
  3. Lovely as usual Pei Li! Both your summer wedding cake and the vanilla wedding cake would look stunning with some hydrangias added, and also a naked cake, which would look a bit more rustic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, thank you for your sweet comments. Oh yes, a rustic cake would certainly look great, I can visualize that! :)

      Delete
  4. Simply EXQUISITE. I have been admiring this baby for DAYS. ;) On my wish list! Hydrangeas on pale pink. *SMILES!* Add lace decorations- a bigger smile! Yum, yum, yum. I want to dip my finger in there and taste it, but Pei's cakes are so untouchable. Literally "fingers off!* Too gorgeous for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)