Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Macaron Tower with Peony

Sometime last week, I completed a custom request for a dollhouse miniature macaron tower. I was really honoured to work on the macaron tower for her. And I've mentioned many times here, when it comes to macaron towers, no two are ever the same. As such, I'm extremely grateful that she gave me the creative freedom to use colors and flowers to give life to each unique piece. My mind was filled with gratefulness as I worked on this piece. The best kind of work is when I can play with colors and flowers. What more can one ask for?

It certainly doesn't come to a surprise that I came up with this. The good thing was, my customer just gave me a broad direction - Laduree themed colors. As I've still been bitten by the peony flower fever, it found its way into this piece as well. Again, I am grateful that my custom liked it when I showed her.


"Do more of what makes you happy."

This sentence has been appearing in my mind many times this week. I probably have a new sentence each week. The sentence, or quote reflects my state of mind, or a lesson for that particular week. During this week, this particular sentence just appeared numerous times. 



Absolutely true. 

In my case, when I'm really happy, hopefully that happiness seeps into my work. And hopefully my work reflects that. 


I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be the last macaron tower I make. It's fun to see the pretty colors piling up. It makes me happy, and because it makes me happy, I need to do more of it. 

One at a time....

(Looking at my to do list).

Happy mid week everyone!





3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour selection Pei Li! I love colour, it makes me happy and inspired. I like to tell people 'colour is your friend!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Grabs handkerchief* This is just BEAUTIFUL. Just gorgeous Pei. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is Impeccable Pei Li and I have no doubts that your customer was THRILLED with the looks of this beautiful macaron tower with the precious peony on top-who wouldn't be???? ;D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)