Thursday, July 27, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Naked Cake With Peonies

With the peonies theme in mind, I made this dollhouse miniature naked cake. In fact, I've completed 3 so far. I'm definitely making a fourth one.


Really liking the fresh green bulbs here :)

The mixer has also been sent to its new home, and I'll have the chance to make a new one. 


I've recently been playing with darker shades of pink, which you will see in the next few posts.


The heat has been quite unbearable here, and I ended up with having a headache for the past 3 days. So I was not feeling my usual self. Hopefully the headache left me for good today. 



I've been trying something new this week too, when it comes to fitness. I decided to change up my routine a bit by adding 2-3 days of strength training per week. I think that's important now that I'm in my fourties and I want to make sure I don't further lose muscles or end up with weak bones. The first day after I purely did strength training, I ended up with really sore muscles. Places that I never felt existed hurt. lol I guess it is good right? I can only do 2 reps right now. But I'll slowly work towards 3 reps. Today happens to be strength training day. Let's see if I still hurt after that!

I hope everyone is having a good week! 



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations not only on your Scrumptious looking naked cakes but also on your new strength training routine. As with anything lots of practice will get you to your goal, when it comes to your sore muscles, however your cakes are already Perfect! :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love your kitchenaid with the flowers!!!
    Have a nice weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun!!! Omg three naked cakes :) where have I been? I'm the lucky owner of one of them! ❤️ :) Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Your cakes are simply too precious for this world Pei! The sweet peonies truly make my day.. simply darling! ^^ Strength training is very important. This is where I lack. I'm all about cardio and I literally have no strength in my upper body. 😭 Keep it up Pei! Don't give up! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Deborah, Thank you so much for your always sweet support! Same here, my upper body is weak. :D Which reminds me today I should work on strength training.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)