Monday, April 13, 2009

Calling 1/6th Scale Blythe Doll owners!

Calling all 1/6th scale Blythe doll owners! This might be a project you are interested in.

I am experimenting making stuff for Blythe doll, but I don’t own a doll, and I don’t foresee myself getting one anytime soon. So, this is where you can help me while joining in the fun.

What I need from you, is to email me when you received my samples, as which size would fit your 1/6th scale Blythe doll best! I will be labeling the sample sizes, so it will be easy to let me know.

Basically I will be making samples of a few stuff in various sizes, and I need your input as to which size is best appropriate.

I am used to one inch scale, so I can see something and know immediately if that will be an appropriate fit for one inch scale, but the same cannot be said for the 1/6th scale Blythe dolls. And I don’t really believe in manually using measurements as my guide. Everything is about balance. It must look good enough for your dolls, and the scale must be right. So that’s where you can help me.

The best thing is, you get to keep the samples upon receiving them!

If this is something that you are interested in helping me, please drop me a comment and leave me your email address, where I can contact you to get your postal address, blog address (if you have) etc.
Please know that this won’t be immediate, as I am working on a few commissions but I want to get this going and getting a few folks on this project list will be a good start, and as and when I am taking breaks from the other projects, this is something I will work on.

I will be picking a few folks :)

p/s: I have been told that my one inch scale pastries fit the Petit Blythe doll (11.2cm), so what I am looking to make is for the 28cm Blythe doll (1/6th scale)

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to help you out! You can contact me at: kc4668 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes blythe are awful for making food! Their head is so big and their hands so little. It's really complicated!
    I have a blythe (I swapped her against mini food lol) but I rarely do some blythe food as it's just too tricky. I also bought re-ment, but sometimes re-ment seems too big, sometimes too little. It's a nightmare!

    Good luck with this new scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Stephanie, the head and hands are not proportionate, which is the tough part!! You don't know whether to scale it to fit the mouth or the hands! LoL!
    I'll try my best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i'm Leslie from Singapore whom have bought a few minis from u and have been a fan of your work. I am an ex-collector of blythe dolls for the past years and stil have 2 neo blythes and several blythe petites with me to test out your minis with :) i'm really keen to be your 'guinea pig!' let me know if interested - lesliekok@hotmail.com

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Id love to help out!
    I am currently building a 1:6 scale dollhouse to go with my 1:6 blythe! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance
    ldantonio3@cogeco.ca

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, would love to help in your project, I'm located in Singapore. You can reach me at Lannee@gmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)