Friday, August 5, 2011

Japanese Craft Book - Sweets Decorina Book Review

It has been sometime ago since I wrote my first miniature book review.

This time, I wanted to write about another Japanese craft book - Sweets Decorina


Published in 2008, this is a 63 pages full coloured book. Though the book is entirely in Japanese, it is packed with photos, so one will be able to follow easily.

This Japanese craft book is suitable for beginners who wish to explore japanese air dry clay such as hearty, grace, cosmos clay. What I love about this book is that most of the tools used are inexpensive and can be easily purchased at Daiso stores. You can follow the photos provided in the book to scout for tools and materials accordingly. Note again that this book shows techniques to make 1/3 miniature scale or larger scale items. But you can experiment and tweak techniques accordingly to make other scale items.

What I also like is that they show you how to achieve different coloured clay such as orche coloured clay by mixing different types of coloured clay. This is especially useful if you don't have an whole array of acrylic paints lying around. They show you how you can achieve different realistic food tones with the primary colours.

You also get to learn how to make macarons and ice-cream using inexpensive tools.

If you are wondering what is the difference between this and the earlier air dry clay book which comes with a DVD which I have reviewed, I would say this has more different food items, which includes chocolate chip cookies, swiss roll, swan puff/profiteroles, various food toppings. They also have lots of photos to show how you can use these food items to decorate photo frames, clothes hanger etc.

All in all, this is an easy to follow air dry clay book.

You can also find this in my store under Craft Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)