Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Singapore Garden Festival 2014

Having visited the Singapore Garden Festival Show for the first time in 2013, I was naturally looking forward to visit this year's show. This year, the show was held at Gardens By The Bay.

I purposely picked a weekday to visit as I thought there would be less people, and I would have time to admire the exhibit pieces, but I was wrong. I don't remember having such a crowd last year when it was held at Suntec. There were just too many people, even on a weekday. Naturally I found it really hard to enjoy the exhibit as I felt that I was being pushed by the crowd to keep moving forward. My lack of photos this year pretty much says it all.

I still tried to look out for pieces that I love and am inspired by.

Here are some Eco-friendly home concepts.


I love this unique key holder!


Try growing some home-grown vegetables using egg shells

Wall decorations featuring succulent plants

Kitchen counter top decorated with assorted plants

More home grown vegetables/herbs





I'm actually quite fascinated with wall shrubs/plants like this.

Unique tissue box holder

Interesting study board supposedly for the study room

Next, I went to look at the flower arrangement displays. For some reason I really like this concept.










And I must say I love the miniature garden scenes. They are in 1:12 scale. I wish I had more time to stand and take photos, but it is extremely difficult when the crowd is pushing you along. I was able to take 2 photos of the Harry Potter Garden though.



It's a pity I did not take much time to enjoy the balcony scenes, as this year, they were being placed outside under the hot sun. Most people passed by quickly as they were looking to find a cool place to stay away from the heat.

I hope they will find a different location for the next show (2016). I don't mind Suntec City ;)

Hopefully you all enjoy the photos!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great photos, they are really interesting and inspiring. The colours in the arrangements are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son unas fotos maravillosas. Que pena que no hayas podido disfrutar tanto como hubieses deseado, ya que seguro que era digno de ver y tomarte tu tiempo para disfrutar al máximo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)