Sunday, July 1, 2018

New home and renovations (Part 1)

I've been busy with packing (slowly), donating away things that we don't use, or just throwing out things that are just not usable anymore. There's so much to do each day. I thought it would be fun to take some pictures along the way while the new home is undergoing renovations. Last week, hacking of tiles began. Then they had to lay cement, and water-proof the bathrooms before they can start any tiling.

The living room

As you can see the floor tiles have been hacked off and that piece of wall tile still exists because they are simply going to plaster directly over it. That saves hacking costs.


Another view of the living room leading to 2 bedrooms.


This was the master bathroom and everything's been hacked off.


This is the common toilet in the kitchen, but it's a bit too dark to show up.


One side of the kitchen wall. This side of the wall will be where we will put the washing machine and dryer.


Rather spacious kitchen, I must say! On the left side will be where the fridge, oven and kitchen cabinets are placed.

And today, I went in to take a look. The cement laying is ongoing. That's why it looks a bit dark.


And they started laying wall tiles for the common toilet!


That's all for now! Hopefully more progress pics in another week's time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)