Thursday, October 24, 2013

Flower Power: Upping the Challenge for Miniature Workshops

Over the years, one thing stood out prominently as I asked for feedback from my students, and that is - they find that flowers are the most difficult thing to make in dollhouse miniature scale. Not only does it take twice or thrice much more time, one has to stay very focused during the whole entire task. One is actually training the mind, really.



For a change from my traditional course offerings, I would like to introduce a flower/garden theme piece.   It was made slowly, bit by bit over the past year or more, and I am working hard to make it available by next year. The flower/garden theme piece will be targeted for intermediate to advanced students.

Although flowers are difficult to make, and I'm sure this will only appeal to those who really have a lot of patience and love flowers, I believe it is the way to go.
 
I firmly believe in the healing power that flowers and plants have.  Looking at the beauty of well-crafted dollhouse miniature flowers, even for that slightest moment – relieves stress right away.  Enabling students to create a magical flower/garden miniature scene that they can hold onto forever and have that little world to escape from their day-to-day stress means a lot to me.   I know it helps for myself, and hope it will do so for others!
 
So please stay tuned and look out for it. 

_____________
Before I end my blog post, I just want to say that I'll be extending 2 more weekday slots to my workshop teaching schedule for the remaining year of 2013.  Available weekdays are Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, from 1:30pm to 4pm if anyone is interested to come take a workshop sometime this year. It will be based on first come first serve basis, so just email me to confirm your slots. If you have not noticed, I've included a Workshops/Craft Classes tab to this blog on the top for easy access to my offerings. 

That's all, now I'm going back to work!


2 comments:

  1. This is really exciting news for 2014, such a wonderful addition to your workshops!! I am hoping i will be able to attend one of your workshops next year. I hope there will be more online tutorials for your wonderful course offerings, Happy Friday and have a beautiful weekend! Love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I do believe in the healing power of plants as well. One day, when I'm in the neighbourhood, I'll follow one of your workshops <3 It may not be within a few years, but still... some day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)