Monday, April 11, 2016

Dollhouse Miniature Round Victorian Gift Boxes

The other day, I tried making some dollhouse miniature round victorian gift boxes. My first attempt was a failure. They weren't as easy as they looked. Rectangle and square ones were much more straight forward to make. As long as you have your measurements right, it should work out.

I used a template on the internet for the round victorian gift boxes, but they didn't work out! So I had to scrap that method totally and came up with my own way to make these. So all in all, making the round gift boxes were more time consuming.

But I am glad I persevered, and actually enjoyed making them. I had a lot of fun!


As I made them, I had visions to make them in various paper styles. Pink, blue, lavender, red! :)

I could have made the whole box in the soft sage paper, but it wouldn't stand out. So I opted to use a cream color box lid instead, so the soft sage could shine on their own!

 Adding a ribbon onto them just add a touch of elegance to the entire look.

Place them in a tea shop setting, bakery shop, french chic decor, there are just endless possibilities.

Maybe flowers on the top too?

I was contemplating that....Maybe for my next piece!

I'm off to make more of these.

Have a great week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pei Lei! I usually find that the most simple shapes can often be the most challenging. Round boxes DO look easy but I can well imagine that trying to keep the round shape undistorted would be a Real Challenge. So Congratulations for doing such a Beautiful job of making such elegant and perfect little boxes. I love the color and pattern which you've chosen and the added ribbon detail but even without it, your boxes would still look Superb! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment! OH YES I absolutely know now after I tried making these round boxes! I am getting hooked and just wanted to keep practising ^^ Even though it's a little time consuming to make, the end result is so worth it! I hope you are getting along with your dollhouse, can't wait to see more progress!

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)